Five O'Clock Somewhere

Welcome to Five O'Clock Somewhere, where it doesn't matter what time zone you're in; it's five o'clock somewhere. We'll look at rural life, especially as it happens in Rio Arriba County, New Mexico, cats, sailing (particularly Etchells racing yachts), and bits of grammar and Victorian poetry.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Wear Blue for Oceans Day

I nearly missed it! Gotta get this post up fast!


As Bonnie's friend Bubbles would say, OMG! January 13 is Wear Blue for Oceans Day, when we are all encouraged to show support for laws that will help to preserve the health of the water that covers about three quarters of our planet, and all of the living things in that water. But what with all sorts of other controversies going on in the blogosphere, along with the insanity that comes for me with the beginning of a new term at the community college where I teach, I had totally forgotten. It was late last night when I saw something somewhere that reminded me of the date.

Well, at least I got reminded in time that I was able to wear blue. I got on my favorite nubbly warm dark blue sweater, and some blue slacks that match. I forgot the earrings, though – sailboats flying blue spinnakers. Oh, well, they wouldn't have been all that visible under the new hairdo.

Anyhow, I hope at least a few people did remember to wear blue.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Capt. Puffy Pants said...

Dang it, I missed that one. I will put it in my brain/Palm Pilot for next year. Thanks.

Sat Jan 16, 11:35:00 AM MST  

Post a Comment

<< Home