Five O'Clock Somewhere

Welcome to Five O'Clock Somewhere, where it doesn't matter what time zone you're in; it's five o'clock somewhere. We'll look at rural life, especially as it happens in Rio Arriba County, New Mexico, cats, sailing (particularly Etchells racing yachts), and bits of grammar and Victorian poetry.

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A little pampering

A variation on retail therapy, plus before-and-after photos


One way in which some women seem to find relief from emotional stress and distress is to go to the beauty salon. It's a variation on "retail therapy" – going shopping to lift one's mood. I hadn't tried the beauty salon idea before, but I had a gift certificate, so off I went to Axis Salon Spa.


I must admit, sitting in a chair and being ministered to is most pleasing; there is something decadent and astonishingly relaxing about having one's hair worked through. For three hours, I was ministered to by the inimitable Vicente. After a dye job, rinse-out, conditioning treatment, trim, style, and blow-dry, I have a new look. It's a restoration of the vivid auburn color that I like so well, and a new layered cut that Vicente designed to take advantage of the natural wave in my hair, so it looks great and is also low-maintenance.

Now I just have to find a good New Year's party to show off my new do.


Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger bonnie said...

Looks great!

I'm a once-a-year-whether-it-needs-it-or-not haircut kinda gal myself - had a fairly high-maintenance cut (jaw-length bob) for a while in my younger days but eventually I just decided I'd rather have an extra twenty minutes of sleep every morning!

:D


PS - thanks for your comments - I'm impressed you were able to get in; I just logged out of my Haloscan account & tried signing in on my Blogger account to leave a comment & I couldn't get in at all.

And I think the help desk person who first emailed me has gone on vacation - repeated pleas for further assistance have gone unanswered.

Oh well, I guess I'll drop it & go paddling.

Hope you get to break some nails one of these days!

Wed Dec 30, 10:01:00 AM MST  
Blogger bonnie said...

p.s. -

Went paddling.

Broke a nail.

Quite happy.

Wed Dec 30, 08:35:00 PM MST  
Blogger Carol Anne said...

Well, it was a very small New Year's party ... four people at midnight, plus one other earlier -- but the people who matter to me the very most. Details to follow.

Fri Jan 01, 01:41:00 AM MST  

Post a Comment

<< Home