Five O'Clock Somewhere

Welcome to Five O'Clock Somewhere, where it doesn't matter what time zone you're in; it's five o'clock somewhere. We'll look at rural life, especially as it happens in Rio Arriba County, New Mexico, cats, sailing (particularly Etchells racing yachts), and bits of grammar and Victorian poetry.

Monday, November 24, 2008

Coming up for air

This NaNo thing is going well this year...

Status report: I'm still alive. I'm about two days ahead of the word count to be on track for 50,000 words. This weekend, I have attended two write-ins with fellow NaNoers, and I have used those write-ins to maintain much-needed momentum.

When I get to 50,000 words, I will still be a long way from finishing Murder at the Little Theater; I'm not even sure I will have arrived at the murder yet. But I'm feeling very good about this effort. I've deviated from my usual formula, in which I create a totally unlikeable victim -- this year, the victim is rather likeable. That makes the novel harder to write. But it means that more interesting things are happening.

Back in the Real World, I now have a big pile of papers to grade to make up for having devoted my weekend to wordcount. Oh, well, I guess there are sacrifices that have to be made.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home