Five O'Clock Somewhere

Welcome to Five O'Clock Somewhere, where it doesn't matter what time zone you're in; it's five o'clock somewhere. We'll look at rural life, especially as it happens in Rio Arriba County, New Mexico, cats, sailing (particularly Etchells racing yachts), and bits of grammar and Victorian poetry.

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Getting closer

Thirteen and counting …

Tonight, I count more time zones than I have in a long time, possibly the most ever. Thanks to visitors from widely dispersed places, such as the Netherlands Antilles, Australia, New Zealand, and Israel, the most recent 100 visits to 5OCSW cover 13 different time zones.

As many of you are aware, my goal is world domination – that is, at some point, I want to look at that graph on Sitemeter and find at least one visitor from each of the 24 time zones of the world. Then I really will be able to say, “It’s five o’clock somewhere!”

Yes, it’s going to be hard to reach that goal with Sitemeter looking back at only the last 100 visits. I could improve my odds by paying extra and having the service keep records going further back. But that would take all the fun out of the enterprise.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about the Canaries? Cape Verde Islands? Solomon Islands? Wake? Marianas? Guam? We could do that. But of course, that's your inheritance!

Tue Sep 04, 05:29:00 PM MDT  
Blogger Nancy King said...

Congratulations, Carol Anne, on achieving over-half-the-world domination! World domination is a worthy goal; I admire your ambition.

Have you looked into Google Analytics? It doesn't provide a chart of time zones, but it does provide a world map with pinpoints for every city where someone has viewed the blog over the past month--the more blog viewers in one location, the bigger the pinpoint. And there's no charge until the blog attracts 5 million readers per day.

Still, since you're trying to make good on your claim of "5 o'clock somewhere," Sitemeter is probably the way to go.

Nancy

Tue Sep 04, 07:34:00 PM MDT  
Blogger EVK4 said...

I've got ten right now....woohoo, I'll get a screenprint if I ever make 13. Good game.

Why isn't my last comment on here?

Fri Sep 07, 10:59:00 AM MDT  
Blogger EVK4 said...

I just can't seem to get past ten timezones. I'm jealous.

Wed Sep 12, 12:59:00 PM MDT  
Blogger EVK4 said...

Yay! I have 11 this morning!

Fri Sep 14, 11:17:00 AM MDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home