Five O'Clock Somewhere

Welcome to Five O'Clock Somewhere, where it doesn't matter what time zone you're in; it's five o'clock somewhere. We'll look at rural life, especially as it happens in Rio Arriba County, New Mexico, cats, sailing (particularly Etchells racing yachts), and bits of grammar and Victorian poetry.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

My next boat?


I hear it calling …

It’s an Etchells, USA 125, and it’s for sale. According to the seller, it needs “some help,” whatever that means. Pat, ever the optimist, did note one point about the boat’s condition based on the photo – it floats. Not all old boats do.

It does look rather forlorn, dwarfed by the tugboat and the larger sailboat and whatever that thing is in the background. I can almost hear it whispering, “Get me out of here. Take me home … take me home …”

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you need someone who knows about boat construction to take a quick looksee and see if this boat can live up to its whispers.

Fri Feb 10, 06:35:00 AM MST  
Blogger Carol Anne said...

Larry says it has great rigging, a relatively new mast, good bottom paint, and footrests in the cockpit for short people. Sounds good to me!

Sat Feb 11, 09:38:00 AM MST  
Blogger Carol Anne said...

The other one currently at Elephant Butte used to be Intrepid; I believe this week its name is Blondie.

As for what I plan to name this boat ... I'm keeping it a secret for now, but there are a few hints in the post about naming things.

Tue Feb 14, 12:39:00 PM MST  

Post a Comment

<< Home